An Aadhaar holder’s identities are verified by the UIDAI via facial authentication.
It is confirmed that the physical face being scanned for verification matches the one that was captured at the time of enrolment when the Aadhaar number was created and when the face authentication is successful. Your identification is verified if your facial authentication is successful.
The Aadhaar Face authentication of the RS Service app, which UIDAI has released, enables Aadhaar Authentication User Agencies (AUA) to authenticate users by taking their live faces.
This app can be used to authenticate Aadhaar faces for a number of other apps, including JeevanPraman, PDS, scholarship programmes, COWIN, and farmer welfare programmes.
According to the tweet by UIDAI, “Residents are now using the Aadhaar Face Authentication feature by downloading the UIDAI RDApp, which can be used for various Aadhaar Authentication Apps like JeevanPraman, PDS, Scholarship schemes, COWIN, FarmerWelfare schemes.”
STEPS TO USE THE AADHAAR FACE AUTHENTICATION APP:
- Visit the website to get the Jeevan Pramaan app.
- Submit your Aadhaar number, mobile number, and email address.
- After authentication, enter the OTP, followed by the bank and pension information.
- To provide your agreement and to confirm, click the box.
- In order to accept the “Face Scan,” click yes.
- Keep your face motionless and blink your eyes when the camera opens to get the picture and finish the authentication process.
- The digital life certificate will be produced after it is successful.