New Delhi: The Uttar Pradesh government is tightening its noose on ineligible beneficiaries of the Antyodaya Anna Yojana scheme. The authorities have reportedly asked ineligible beneficiaries to surrender their ration cards.
However, if you have violated the rule, the authorities could take an against you. The authorities are reportedly planning to take action against ineligible ration card holders.
The government has also released the eligibility criteria for ration cards and surrender rules. According to media reports, 8 lakh ineligible cards have been cancelled by the authorities.
Ration card eligibility rules for Uttar Pradesh:
One of the most important eligibility criteria is that the cardholder should be a resident of Uttar Pradesh.
Also, the head of the family should be a woman aged more than 18 to become eligible, according to media reports.
However, if the head of the family, who is a male, is suffering from an incurable disease or is aged more than 60 years and the family monthly income does not exceed Rs.15,000, the family can enjoy the benefits of affordable or free ration.
Further, the monthly income of the family should be less than Rs 15,000. Also, the family shown own less than 2 hectares of irrigated land to become eligible for getting affordable or free ration.
Who will need to surrender the ration card?
- Families owning a four wheeler – from car to tractor – will have to surrender ration cards.
- Ration card holders should not own a pucca house built on 100 square meters of land in rural or urban areas.
- Government employees will also have to surrender their ration cards.
- Individuals coming under the purview of income tax will also have to surrender the card.
- Families having AC in homes and generator sets of 5 kW or more capacity in a pucca house will have to submit the card.
- Families owning business space of 80 square meters are not eligible for ration cards.
- The card will have to be surrendered if the annual income of the family of the urban area is more than Rs 3 lakhs.
- Individuals having an arms license will have to surrender the ration card.