New Delhi :
Aadhaar is one of the most important documents that are issued by government of India. It is required almost everywhere like getting benefits in government schemes.
Now days it is linked to vehicles, bank accounts, insurance policies, PAN card.
Aadhaar card contains your Name, DOB, Gender, Photo and Address and 12 digit numbers that is unique for every person.
Aadhaar card was launched in January 2009 by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) .
Most of us got our Aadhaar Card when we were very young. We do not resemble with the Aadhaar card picture anymore.
If picture in Aadhaar Card is not recognizable and it can be a problem. You should read more to know how you can change your picture in your Aadhaar card.
Where To Change Aadhaar Card Photo
You need to go to Aadhaar Enrollment Center or Aadhaar Seva Kendra near to your place of residence. You can easily find the nearest centre on UIDAI App.
But you need to get enrollment form from UIDAI website and fill it before you go.
Process to Change Aadhaar Card Photo
1) Download Enrollment Form or Correction/Update Form from Get Aadhaar Section here.
2) Fill this form and submit it in Aadhaar Permanent Enrollment Center.
3) Then you will have to give your biometrics to the executive at the center. Executive will click your live photo.
4) Make payment of Rs 50 for changing photo. You will get an acknowledgement slip which will have Update Request Number (URN).
5) Check the update by using given URN number. When its updated download your Aadhaar online.
Keep These Things In Mind
– You don’t need to submit any document to change your photo. Executive will click live photo so don’t carry any photo.
– It might take up to 90 days to reflect the change. You can check the status by using URN.