Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has released a new guideline regarding children’s Aadhaar card, Baal Aadhaar.
The authority has issued mandatory guidelines to update biometric information in
Aadhaar data for children attaining the age of 5 and 15 years.
The UIDAI took to Twitter and informed that updating the biometric details of children between 5-15 years is mandatory, and the procedure is free of cost.
UIDAI also announced in another tweet that there would be no change in the child’s Aadhaar number after updating biometrics.
So, parents are asked to visit the nearest Aadhaar enrollment centre to fill out the form and update the biometric data of their children.
The process to apply for Baal Aadhaar Card:
1. Visit UIDAI’s official website uidai.gov.in.
2. Click on the Aadhaar Card registration option.
3. Fill in the mandatory information like the child’s name, guardian/ parent’s phone number,
and other biometric information relating to the kid and guardian/ parent.
4. Next, fill in the demographic details, including residential address, locality, state, and others.
5. Review and submit all details
6. Next, click on the Appointment option.
7. Find the nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre, and schedule an appointment.
8. You will need supporting documents like Identity Proof, Address Proof, Proof of Relationship, Date of Birth, and reference number.
The Aadhaar executive will further complete the process and provide an acknowledgement number to track the application process.
9. Aadhaar card will be posted to your address within 60 days.
The process to Update Baal Aadhaar Card
1. To update biometrics in your child’s Aadhaar, Visit uidai.gov.in and book an appointment to update your child’s Aadhaar card details.
2. Visit the Aadhaar enrolment centre with your child’s birth certificate, proof of identity and address documents.
3. Note: Parents must also submit their Aadhaar card while registering or updating the Baal Aadhaar card.
4. The Aadhaar executive will add biometrics like facial images and fingerprints of the child.
5. Save the acknowledgement slip given by the Aadhaar executive for future reference.